How to apply for IELTS test:
- Register ONLINE or print out and complete an official IELTS Application form for the IELTS test. Download an application form from www.ielts.az or collect from the GRBS® office.
- Check with your organisation whether you need to sit an Academic or General Training test. It must be indicated on the Application Form.
- Bring your current passport (or national ID) and a photocopy of your current passport (ID). The photocopy must include the pages with your passport photo, number and expiry date. For foreign candidates it must be international passport.
- Test fee 255 AZN. Make a payment online or through the bank transfer, and present a copy of receipt to our office. The receipt must include the name of the candidate and IELTS and exam date in the Details field on the deposit slip.
- You can also sign and send the scanned copy of printed application form along with the copy of your passport or national ID card, photo and bank slip to email@example.com
Please ensure the payment is made within 5 days. If you do not proceed with payment within 5 days, your registration will be cancelled automatically.
Please be informed that registration deadline is 5 weeks prior to exam date. If you wish to register after the deadline please contact the office.
For more information refer to the IELTS Information for Candidates booklet.
Once any candidate has registered, we will confirm his/her IELTS test date, time and venue.
Note: The Speaking test can be up to 7 days before or after the test date.
All applications must include a current email address and phone number for us to contact them.
IELTS is not recommended for candidates under 16 years. However, if they wish to take the test, they may.
Test fee: 255 AZN
- If candidate cancels his/her registration at least 5 weeks before the test date, he/she will receive a refund of 75% of the test fee.
- If candidate cancels his/her registration within 5 weeks or less of the test date, there will be no refund, unless he/she provides appropriate evidence to support the cancellation. In this case the candidate needs to submit the Request for Refund / Request for Test Date Transfer Form and attach the appropriate evidence. Acceptable documents include a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death notice or certificate, or a police report or verification from the army. All the above must be submitted to the test centre within 5 days of the test date.
- If candidate is away on the test day with no prior notice, he/she will lose his/her full fee. However, if he/she provides a medical certificate within 5 days of the test date, he/she will receive a refund minus the local administrative cost of 25% of the paid fee.
Test date transfers
The candidate may transfer to a different test date only if he/she notifies us at least 5 weeks prior to the test session the candidate has registered for by submitting the Request for Refund / Request for Test Date Transfer Form. The completed form should be returned to the IELTS Administrator along with the receipt for the Test Fee. The candidate will be charged 25 AZN transfer fee.